Another important strategy is making sure you are staying up to date with the latest and greatest in your field. The exciting news is it has never been easier now with technology. If you cannot physically make a training class you can many times listen or watch teleconferences from the comfort of your own home.
Suggestions to stay up to date include:
- Make sure you belong to your professional association(s) and get involved!
- Lots of learning can take place by reading some of the latest resources in your specialty.
- Attend conferences and teleseminars that will add value to your portfolio.
- Find a mentor if you do not already have one. Great learning takes place in mentoring relationships!!
- Keep a great network so you can call others when you have questions and offer assistance to them as well.
Lifelong learning is lots of fun and can keep you engaged and ready for career success!