When I was coaching in Boston yesterday, I asked my six coaching clients, “How has your week been?” All six said, “Too busy!” How do you recharge every day so you don’t get caught up in the rat race and end up depleted and exhausted?
I coach many different personalities in many different organizations and I have noticed a major similarity among many hard-working individuals. They keep their phones charged so they can stay connected to others 24/7, but it is really difficult for them to recharge themselves on a daily basis. I ask my clients when we begin working together, “How do you manage to stay recharged with work demands, and the stressors of life, family, and this crazy world?” A common answer is, “I don’t.”
Today’s workplace leaves many of us feeling overwhelmed, often leading to burnout. My clients have shared that by learning and practicing my Benatti Resiliency Model, they experienced significant changes in five areas:
- Lowered stress and enhanced mindfulness
- Increased energy and productivity
- More self-confidence through gaining clarity on their brand
- Better relationships and more effective collaboration
- Improved decision-making and heightened creativity, leading to more innovation
For many years, my dream was to create a training class to address this issue of recharge. I had been using my Benatti Resiliency Model with all my one-on-one coaching clients but wanted to offer it to more individuals. My exciting news is that I have designed my Career ReCharge training and it is now being piloted. In January, I facilitated part two of Career ReCharge for more than 40 employees at Takeda, a pharmaceuticals company in Cambridge, MA.
Key components of this customized full-day training class include:
- Assessing your present resilience and recognizing why resilience is a key factor for enhanced engagement and productivity.
- Learning and applying the Benatti Resiliency Model.
- Understanding key components of well-being and hearing about the latest research on mindfulness.
- Enhancing self-awareness by identifying your purpose and activating mindset strategies that work for you.
- Determining your brand and realizing why this clarity is a key career component for success.
- Taking a proactive approach to cultivating connections.
- Creating personal and professional innovation goals that add to your resilience.
When asked about the value the class delivered, participant comments from the evaluation included:
- Appreciation that small steps can generate career recharge.
- Recognition of the importance of self-care and support from others.
- Gratitude for specific strategies for recharge that will enhance work performance.
- Understanding the recharge strategies that can be implemented immediately, including how to take breaks during the workday.
- Excitement about setting up Career ReCharge follow-up teams that will help put the new strategies into action and keep members accountable.
- Enthusiasm for the weekly Friday 5 and the Innovation Journey exercises.
Over the next few months, I will continue to pilot Career ReCharge in diverse organizations in preparation for the official rollout of the training in June 2018.
If you or your department could use a Career ReCharge this spring, contact me today at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how your organization can host a Career ReCharge training.
If you have discovered a method that helps you recharge your career, I’d love to hear about it! Please email me today at email@example.com. Your idea could spark recharge for someone else!