Spark your Success and Boost your Energy this Winter with these Helpful Strategies!
- Carve out face time with your friends – A study from Oregon Health & Science University in Portland found that face-to-face meetings with close friends reduce the risk of depression.
- Take a social media break – According to recent research, people who unplugged from Facebook for one week felt more satisfied with their lives than those who didn’t. When you’re not focused on the lives of others, you don’t feel pressured to match their accomplishments – and you can appreciate your own.
- Practice gratitude – Writing letters to thank precious people in your life is an instant pick-me-up.
- Pay it forward – New research from Yale School of Medicine, shows even small acts of kindness – such as opening a door for a stranger – may shield you from stress. Treating someone to a cup of coffee is a nice gesture but we don’t even have to spend money to get the benefits of giving. Even a smile to a stranger works!
- Mindful walking – A recent study determined how walking in an upbeat manner – by moving your arms, deep breathing, and rolling your shoulders back as you stroll – can make you feel more positive.
Do you have a strategy that works best for you? If you find one of these spark your success strategies is effective for boosting your energy, please share it with us. And don’t forget – spring is right around the corner!
Be Sociable & Share!